Thursday, April 29, 2010

Trying something new...

I asked Mark to put my scale really, really high up in our closet. I'm trying hard to not weigh myself until weigh-in day. Focusing on process not progress. Uh, we'll see. I'm sort of addicted to the scale.
I am one-third of the way to my goal of 50 lbs. In 10 more lbs I'll be half way there! I hope that happens in May. I feel like I'm not very good at this dieting thing. It's a self-control issue. Also, I realize that I'm sort of paralyzed by doing it perfectly. If I can't do it just the right way, then what's the point. It's a little bit psycho. Okay, a lot bit psycho. Kind of like weighing myself three times a day.
This morning I took the kiddos to the gym with me. I did 2 miles on the treadmill and they looked so happy playing in their play room that I decided to do 20 more minutes on the elliptical just so they could play some more. Burned about 450 calories according to the machines. After Chloe's morning nap, I took the girls on a mile walk around the neighborhood. I'm borrowing a double stroller from a friend for the 5K on Saturday so we tried it out this morning. That thing's a beast! I think part of our tax return money is going to buy us a double jogging stroller. Chloe's only going to fit in the Baby Bjorn a little while longer!
I'm getting really good at this exercise thing. If only I could get my diet under control. I'm great at planning it out, just not so great at implementing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment