Friday, January 8, 2010

38 weeks, 3 days.

I feel like these past few weeks have been a wake-up call for me. Our family got together over Labor Day weekend and said that when we got together for Christmas it would be a chance to reveal all our hard work throughout the Fall. I really thought I'd have lost at least 20 lbs. I had more downs than ups, I guess, and just didn't get my act together. So when we all met for Christmas and I was only down about 5 lbs, it really hit me hard. The reality of all that time lost just made me so upset. I was embarassed to be there with nothing to show and disappointed in myself. But something about this time of the year when everyone's really focused on resolutions and making changes has really got me going. I'm tired of setting specific dates and goal weights and not making it. I'm tired of "not being able" to put the work in and failing at this.
I have spent this week totally screwing up by eating something like 12 chocolate chip cookies in a day but then realizing how bad it makes me feel. I did 1 mile a day on the treadmill and worked out using my new Biggest Loser bootcamp DVD and realized how good it makes me feel. I spent some time planning out my meals and choosing a workout plan. I am ready to get my head out of all the diet books, magazines, etc. and really do this thing.
I wonder if 50 lbs in 40 weeks it too lofty of a goal, but I really want to shoot for it. My first check point is March 9, or 30 weeks, and at that weigh-in I will be 162.5. That means almost 2 lbs a week!! That, in reality, might be a lofty goal. I'm hoping that I can hit it hard at the beginning and be really successful to start with. That initial success will keep my motivation up for the rest of the ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment